What Is ObjHunt
ObjHunt is a highly improved version of the game Prophunt. It runs without fretta and is fully customizable! here are some features available in ObjHunt:
- Visual feedback - prop halos change color depending on whether or not you can pick them
- Variable mass - large props can tackle filing cabinets, small props cannot
- Cannot get stuck by becoming a prop
- Better damage system - if you chose a small prop and lose half of your remaining health, then you chose a large prop, you will half half of the large props total health
- World angles are seen by everyone - what rotations of your prop you see on the client is the same as what every other client sees
- Angle snapping - this will lock your rotation to 45 degree increments so you can fine tune your prop angle
- Angle Locking - if you want to look around without everyone seeing simply lock your world angles
- Thirdperson toggle is available in the context menu
- Simple, Clean UI design
- Taunt selection screen
- Variable taunt pitch (A fan favorite!)
- Hunters gain health when shooting human owned props
- Props don't simply disappear when they die, they ragdoll into klieners
- Variable step heights, smaller props good luck getting up stairs!
- Highly configurable ( checkout sh_config.lua )
- If you're playing a taunt when you die, it is muted. ( this is a bug in original prop hunt )
- Configurable prop pickup
How to play
As a Prop
Your objective is to disguise yourself as some inanimate object and try to blend in with the rest of the props on the map, if you can survive until the end of the round without dying then the props win the round!
As a Hunter
Your objective is to look around the map to find these disguised props and kill them! Be careful if you shoot the real props you will lose health, and doing so too many times in one round will kill you. If all props are found before the time is up the hunters win the round!
F1 opens the Help page
F2 opens the Team Selection menu
F3 plays a random taunt at a random pitch
Q opens the Taunt menu (spawn menu bind)
C opens the Control Panel (context menu bind)
E select prop (+use bind)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I disguise as a prop
Look at a prop, if it has a green outline press "E" on it, if there is no outline then you cannot select this prop. If the outline is red then you do not have enough room to select the prop you're looking at, try to move around until it's green
What games do I need to play ObjHunt?
You only need Garry's Mod. Most servers use maps which contain many props from CounterStrike:Source and Half-Life 2 so it is highly recommended to have these mounted
How do I start a game?
For a round to start there must be at least one player on each team.
Why can't I become this prop?
If a prop has a red outline, either you do not have enough room to become that prop ( sometimes you need to jump! ), or you need to wait for the cooldown timer to expire. If there is no outline then that prop is not allowed to be chosen either due to impropor mapping or a restriction imposed by the server admin, ask the server admin what the issue is if you are concerned.
I want to run a server how do I do it?
I highly recommend running a dedicated server, there are plenty of guides on how to start one :)
How do I change _____________?
Please view the file shared/sh_config.lua, it contains all the configurable options. If you do not find the option you are looking for feel free to email me, add me on steam, or comment on the workshop to discuss
How do I enable/disable players from picking up props?
First off either enable or disable this server variable: "sv_playerpickupallowed 1" then view the file shared/sh_config.lua for OBJHUNT_TEAM_HUNTER_CAN_MOVE_PROPS and OBJHUNT_TEAM_PROP_CAN_MOVE_PROPS for hunters and props respectively
How come I see little grey statues as the props?
The tiny grey statues are the default prop model in Objhunt, if you do not like it feel free to change it in the sh_config.lua options
How come I can't walk up the stairs?
In an effort to make props more likely to chose large props the step heights of each prop depends on how tall the prop is. If you are a very small prop you can only walk up very small stairs, and as a very large prop you can walk up very large stairs
ObjHunt is a free and open source game that I created from scratch on my spare time, if you enjoyed it and would like to see it developed further please consider donating.